Each year the Holy Week and Easter double issue of the Church Times offers a wealth of seasonal reading and resources for worship and preaching. This volume draws together outstanding features from the past twenty years by a stellar list of contributors including David Scott, Sam Wells, Richard Harries, Peter Stanford, Mark Oakley and Paula Gooder.
Availability: Out of Stock
- Author HILLYARD-PARKER, HUGH
- Pub Date 14/02/2022
- Binding Paperback
- Pages 256
Each year, the Holy Week and Easter double issue of the Church Times offers a wealth of seasonal reading and resources for worship and preaching. This volume, like its companion Christmas collection, draws together outstanding features from the past twenty years. It includes:
* Meditations on the Stations of the Cross by the poet David Scott;
* A short story set in Gethsemane by David Hart;
* Timothy Radcliffe on the alternative to conflict symbolised by the Last Supper;
* Sam Wells on Pilate and what he - and we - could do differently;
* Richard Harries on the art of Good Friday;
* Peter Stanford on Judas;
* Michael Perham on why Easter celebrations should start in the dark;
* Stephen Cleobury on the carols of Easter;
* Mark Oakley on the poetry of the cross;
* Paula Gooder on why the resurrection is central to faith;
* Reflections on the season's lectionary readings, and much besides.
In life Jesus had 'nowhere to lay his head' and in death was laid in a borrowed tomb. Mindful of this, all royalties from this book will go to the Church Homeless Trust.